*Tax & Shipping Fee are NOT included in the package price.
IMPORTANT: The RON registration will run concurrently with the term you are applying for.
If you are currently commissioned and do not need to renew at this time, click here to download the RON Order Form only.
BEFORE YOU APPLY TO BECOME A REMOTE ONLINE NOTARY IN FLORIDA
In order to become a remote online notary (RON), you must meet the following requirements.
- Be an actively commissioned notary.
- Our online process will help you become a notary or renew your commission and register as a remote online notary.
- Review statutes and rules related to notaries public and remote online notaries public.
- Complete a 2 hour state-approved course covering the duties, obligations and technology requirements for serving as a remote online notary.
- First-time applicants are also required to take a 3 hour state-approved traditional notary course.
- Obtain a $25,000 notary bond.
- Obtain a notary errors & omissions policy in the minimum amount of $25,000.
- Select a RON service technology provider that is compliant with Florida law.
- Budget Notary Services does not recommend nor endorse any RON service technology provider.
- Submit the completed registration form along with payment of $10 by check payable to the Florida Department of State. You must include proof of your bond and insurance policy, a copy of your appointment as a notary public. The registration for will need to be notarized by another notary.
- The registration fee is not included in the state filing fees.
SIMPLE STEPS TO APPLY FOR YOUR NOTARY COMMISSION AND REGISTER AS A REMOTE ONLINE NOTARY IN FLORIDA
1. Select your notary package and complete the required notary application.
2. Choose your notary stamp, select any additional products you desire and complete checkout process. Payment by check not available online.
3. If you're a first-time notary, take the required notary education course. Your signed course completion certificate must accompany your notary forms.
4. Print, sign, and mail your completed notary forms to Budget Notary. We will file the paperwork for your traditional commission with the State. The State of Florida requires a paper application with an original wet ink signature.
5. Once your notary commission has been processed, you will receive an email with steps for completing the RON registration process with the State directly. If you have purchased the Florida RON Certification Course from us, you may access it from your account at any time.
Don't forget to review Chapter 117 of the Florida statutes to meet application requirements and learn the laws governing notaries.